What are the duties of a company director? Being a new director in the boardroom can be an intimidating experience and new directors need to know their duties. In this webinar, Tony McPoland will discuss how you can prepare for this important and, at times, demanding role.
In this video, Tony examines topics, such as:
- What exactly constitutes a company director?
- How to become a company director
- The statutory responsibilities and fiduciary duties of a director
- The role of a company director in the boardroom and in making critical decisions
- The consequences of breaching one’s duty as a director
- The importance of directors’ and officers’ insurance (D&O)
Tony McPoland worked for twenty-five years in the financial services sector and served ten years on the board of LBBW Bank with executive responsibility for finance, operations, risk and IT.
He has become an independent professional director and sits on eleven company boards, including a regulated asset manager, several regulated funds, SME companies and non-profit organisations.
He is chairman of five of these boards. He is a fellow of Chartered Accountants Ireland. He also completed the Advanced Management Programme in INSEAD and the InstitutDirector’stor’s diploma and certificate in company direction. He joined the board of LauraLynn in 2015.