What makes a highly-effective, global board member?
Nick Stephens is executive chairman of The RSA Group, a global executive search company in the life sciences sector. This in-depth interview leads Roy Sheppard to ask Stephens for his insights on how ambitious executives around the world can better position themselves as effective board members.
Nick Stephens talks about:
- The factors that lead to ineffective boards
- The components that make for an effective board
- The director skills lacking among candidates who might have superb academic qualifications
- Data-driven methods to build and develop boards
- The UK’s updated Governance Code and its approach to corporate governance
- Environmental, social and governance (ESG)
- What makes an effective non-executive director
- The skills in high demand from NEDs
- What makes an effective Chair
- How vital the relationship is between the CEO and the Chair
- The key issues facing UK boards as companies emerge from the pandemic