About the Corporate Governance Institute
Founded in 2020 to address the Corporate Governance Certification skills gap, the Corporate Governance Institute is a very high growth startup company that is fast becoming a leader in online education in the governance sector. While the governance sector might not be a household term, we are an EdTech company with ambitions to become the global leader in the €1 billion market of accreditation and certification in this field. Founded by two highly experienced industry veterans, the company recently received initial funding to accelerate its growth.
The company has global aspiration reach from the start. This role will therefore require someone with an international view and an in-depth knowledge and understanding of digital channels.
About the job
You will work with the leadership team to assist in the creation of, and deliver all of our content across the various marketing channels in which we operate, directed at both B2C and B2B channels. The key objectives will be building brand awareness and positioning, thought leadership, lead generation and international expansion.
You will be responsible for shaping and delivering a comprehensive programme of content generation activities, delivering commercial growth for our company. You will use data and insights to support your decisions and to ensure budget is allocated against a return on investment metrics.
You will work with the team and external agencies to define relevant customer segments and propositions, and market specifically to their needs across a wide range of international markets.
- Working across the team, specifically with the Marketing Manager and Head of Content to develop and oversee the implementation of the content marketing strategy across multiple platforms.
- Your primary tasks will be to amplify the Corporate Governance Institute’s voice and messaging through organic and paid channels.
- You will work closely with our Head of Content to align the messages to be shared and with our Head of Digital Marketing on tracking, analytics and performance reports.
- You will have a digital marketing background with an emphasis on social media and email marketing and with a proven eloquent writing style.
- We will provide guidance for you to achieve your full potential in this role but you will need to bring a can-do attitude and some genuine experience.
- A passion for entrepreneurship and an understanding of how the world of business works is an advantage
Tasks and responsibilities
- Social media content management and social content creation, including creating eye-catching posts, for all channels and platforms including Twitter, LinkedIn, Slack, Reddit, email, YouTube and Facebook.
- Support brand awareness campaigns with paid advertising to landing pages, the main website and others.
- Reporting on analytics and optimisation opportunities for social media and the main website / platform.
- Assist in the organising of promotional online events and webinars and attend them to cover and elevate their success.
- Contribute ideas and support the implementation of a range of marketing strategies to enhance engagement with our target audiences.
- Reading the international business news, checking what is trending on social media, brainstorming with writers and marketing staff, to respond creatively as required to project our image as being on the leading edge of what is happening in the world of governance.
- Source leading international governance commentators to contribute content to project the company on the leading edge of what is happening in the world of governance.
- Publishing and managing the content to an agreed marketing calendar on the appropriate platforms.
- Track competitor activity to ensure we respond appropriately.
- You are an ambitious marketing content professional looking for a role and the opportunity to make a big impact on an international scale.
- It would be very useful if you have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in the field of marketing, communications, journalism, English, media studies or similar, or at least two years’ experience in a related area.
- You should have an interesting portfolio of work. We want to see if you can challenge yourself in this space.
- You need to be native or near-native English, with excellent verbal and written skills.
- Ability to create attractive marketing assets, with an eye for short video clips, headlines, pictures, creative layout and design.
- Knowledge of social media analytics, including Google Analytics.
- A knowledge of effective social media advertising and how it relates to Google Ads.
- A very strong self-starter attitude. You should embrace and be comfortable with constant change in a tactical entrepreneurial environment.
- Strong organisational and planning skills. You need to be transparent about the process of what you do, but in a creative way.
- Very strong research skills.
- Good presentation skills, with an ability to explain technical concepts in plain language.
- Experience with Hubspot is advantageous but not essential.
- An interest in current affairs. This is a role that looks with a keen eye on the corporate world, the business world, and you should bring a questioning but objective viewpoint. Creativity relies on good questions. Are you able to ask good questions?
The tools we use
While it is not necessary to have expert knowledge in all of these tools, you should be more than proficient in most of them.
- Google Analytics
- Google AdWords
- Google Suite